Cold & Flu Community

Should I see someone about this persistent cough?

The first weekend in November I came down with flu-like symptoms: feeling hot/cold, exhausted, and various aches.  Those symptoms passed after a couple of days but left me with a dry cough.  It's now a month later, and I'm still coughing.  I often feel like there is mucus stuck to my vocal cords, but coughing is unproductive.  (I've tried an expectorant, but it makes no noticeable difference.)

Should I see a doctor?  Is it likely he will be able to do anything about it, or do I need to just wait it out?