The Flu & Night sweats

I'm currently suffering from the horrible flu! I'm 5 days into the virus and I'm slowly getting better. Majority of the aches and pains have gone. I'm now just left with a flemmy chest, fatigue, headache and blocked nose. I had terrible upper abdominal pains as well (i apparently have ibs).

Anyway last night I wokeup in the middle of the night absolutely drenched in sweat. I mean DRENCHED. I got out of bed just to dry myself off. It's currently winter and between 2 to -2deg cels in the evenings. So you can imagine how cold i felt when I got out of bed...wet all over. I did a search online and I couldn't find any reference to night sweats being a symptom of the flu virus. Am I wrong? Are night sweats a symptom of the flu? Should I go and see a doctor?

Thanks for any advice.
Luke