Cold & Flu Community

Weird feeling in soft palate before a cold

Almost every time I get post-nasal drip, I feel a peculiar feeling around my soft palate. It is sort of a dry feeling that is only relieved by drinking a ton of fluids. I can't find anyone else who feels these symptoms, is this normal?
I don't know but I am the same! It's early symptoms of a cold, your nose gets blocked and you breathe through the mouth more so the soft palate gets dried up. I have it too and it kind of hurts, but at least I know I'm close to have a cold and do something about it to prevent getting sick!