Cold & Flu Community

What are your tips for preventing Flu and Cold?

This time of year, I'm always interested in illness prevention.  I don't want to be sick and I don't want my family to be sick.  What do you do to prevent flu and cold?  
Do people still use hand sanitizer?  I know when my kids were little, I greased them up with this like every 15 minutes.  Everywhere we went, they'd get doused with it.  I used it frequently too.  I've gotten away from it.  Do others still use it.

Now I wash my hands more.  I do have sanitizing wipesi n my car.

I read too that another benefit of exercising regularly is that you are less likely to get colds and flu.  Wonder why that is?  If being healthy just makes your immune system work better?  

What about vitamin C?  Do you take extra in the winter?
What about the flu shot?  Who gets the flu shot?