Cold and Flu Community

Ammonia

I recently found out I had high ammonia, it was 66, I am taking lactalose and it is is now normal. All my blood work is within normal ranges on my liver function test and I also had a sonogram, have a mild fatty liver. Was wondering what could have caused this. I do drink a few beers a night.
My hubby has a very fatty liver he has had to have it checked twice now but anyway Dr told him it was because of his diet and eating habits. The first time they found the problem he lost 30 pounds and it went away well he has since gained that back and a little more and the fatty liver popped back up so now he has to go on a diet again although he does not drink the dr told him not to drink at all it could be very harmful because of the state his liver is in now.
So according to his Dr it's caused from his very bad diet hope this helps
maybe the beers caused you the alcoholic liver disease which lead to signs of liver failure like rise in ammonia.