Cold and Flu Community

Can wheezing be a symptom of URI or bronchitis?

I believe I have an upper respiratory infection.. the one with the drawn out, long, hard cough :(  I do feel mucous now, after a week, but also noticed a couple mins of wheezing with it earlier. It has not come in several hours since then, but someone said wheezing is a symptom of pneumonia. I don't have any other symptoms of pneumonia though, like fever, sweats, or chills. Is it possible an upper respiratory infection can have wheezing sometimes too and it is NOT pneumonia?
Wheezing can be a characteristic of bronchitis, virus or URI.  Your airway slightly constricts which causes the wheezing sound. Try to drink lots of fluids, try some hot tea, and use a humidifier. If you have a fever over 101, are short of breath. or have bluish skin you obviously need to get to the doctor. You can also try a medication such as Mucinex to loosen up the congestion. I hope you feel better soon!