Cold and Flu Community

Chest Pain

40 yr old female, just got over a cold that lasted roughly 3 weeks, ending with a dry cough.  This morning I woke up to find it difficult to take a deep breathe.  It almost feels like I was running on a very smoggy day....or if I had smoked 100 cigarettes.  Should I assume this is part of my cold returning???
Any cough that lasts 3 weeks or more is concerning and needs to be checked on by a doctor.  Even though many viral illnesses cause persistent cough, one bacterial illness is concerning if the cough lasts 3 weeks or longer: bordatella pertussis.  This is the whooping cough bacteria and causes a really strong cough.

Go see your doc!

Dr. Enoch Choi, MD
Palo Alto, CA