Cold and Flu Community

Cold keeps coming back every 2 weeks

I was not able to get a flu shot this year. I used to rarely get sick in the past few years (5+ years or so).

Anyhow, I keep getting a cold (runyn nose with greenish mucus, no fewer or aches) every two weeks. The first time in Oct, then in Nov I did not go to a doctor and just did home remedies. When I got sick again in Dec I went to the docs and got penicillin, 500g 3 times a day for 10 days. I completed the course. But here I am two weeks later and have a stuffed nose again.

I'm planning to go to the doc again and have a appointment later in week, however was curious should I be looking for something beyond a cold. I also have allergies, but only in spring due to pollen, could these be allergies, or maybe allergies that end up giving me a nasal infection.
I also keep getting sick every 2 weeks. I have a terrible sore throat, stuffy nose and body aches for about a week. Then I get well for about a week, then I get the same sick symptoms all over again. I am on my 4th round today. People at my work are getting the same thing- what could this be? I feel really good and healthy inbetween rounds.
I'm thinking this was (and thankfully was) some kind of a bug going around. I have been hearing this from a couple of other folks. So far it seems its finally gone for me.
I have the same thing going on.  Did you find anything to cure it?  I have been getting sick on and off for three months.  
I have the exact same thing.  Same amount of episodes, same time frame.  I'm anxious to see the response.  Please share.
I'm on my 3rd cold since mid Dec. One cold just seems to finish & it all starts over. Nasal congestion, coughing, & twice now bronchitis. I felt like I might be turning the corner but tonight I'm getting another scratchy sore throat which is always the beginning symptom. This would be the 4th one. My husband is having recurring colds as well. What's going on?
Me too. I am on my third cold of the winter.  One in December, one in January and now one in March.
everybody seems to have colds at the moment. at least 4 people have been off from my office in the last week.
In my opinion the reason it keeps coming back is because we are not giving our bodies time to recover. It is important to carry on the remedies you use when you are in the thick of a cold for about a week after you feel it has gone or it is very likely it will come back again.
I use a black elderberry syrup when i feel the onset of a cold and use it for at least a week after i am well as it boosts the immune system and is full of antioxidants. This along with extra vitamin C should stop colds coming back.
I went to the doctor for this, my third cold of the winter, and he told me that I have something called a "para virus" that is going around.  It started off with phlegm in throat and a hoarse voice and then gradually changed into a cough with chest tightness and feeling tired and weak.  The cough is actually quite bad at night.  Anybody ever heard of this?  Know how long it will last?  
Well  what the heck this will be my fourth  cold since december and my wife is on her third.Has anyone figured it out yet.Never in my life has this happened to either of us.Starting to get conspiracey(sp?) theory thoughts.Is this also part of the symptoms? Have tried everything,but keeps coming back.HELP
I get a cold every 6 to 8 days, starts off with a bout of sneezing or a runny nose (like a tap that suddenly turns on), stuffed head and nose, feel better after 6 to 7 days, have one good day and bang..... starts again. This has been going on for the 3rd year now, summer I only get a couple but Sept to May it is * every * week. No help from doctors on this, just keep taking the meds... which is no help really.
It would be great if anyone who has suffered from the same and found a solution to post it and hopefully help the rest of us.