Cold and Flu Community

Cold or uri?

I have a nasty cough with dry mouth and voice is going. I also have occasional ear congestion. But no sore throat. Could this be a uri or a cold with no sore throat? Would meds help? Also how long will this last? Symptoms started last Saturday with the dry mouth. Thanks!
I am living near Salem,Tamilnadu  When I effected by cold and cough, I take a medicine  It gave  me good result  My cold removes some days  So, I want to give the medicine to the cold and cough patients  Also you may examine about the medicine