Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Continual sore throat for 2 weeks

Last week I became very ill with an unknown illness. I had a fever of around 103*F with nasal congestion, a sore throat, and swollen tonsils. Over the past few days, I started to have a pain in my left ear and I noticed that the left side of my neck is swollen and tender. Through all this, I have had a severe sore throat that makes it difficult to swallow. The pain changes daily, and is worst when I wake up in the morning. When I first became sick, I had trouble sleeping through the night because of the intense pain. I would wake up every three or four hours and would take some ibuprofen to help with the pain. Now, my ear hurts, I still have trouble swallowing, and I have a hard time sleeping on my left side. I am concerned that by not going to a doctor, my symptoms might get worse and many other problems could arise, but I don't have the money to go. Any advice for what I should do? Should I go to the doctor and pay the money somehow and find that the doctor has no answer, or should I just do like other websites say-drink warm liquids and take pain meds? Help please. I am very concerned. I am an 18 year old female who rarely ever gets sick. This is the first time i have been severely sick in 10 years. Thanks in advance.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sounds exactly like Strep throat, I have had similar symptoms as well when I swallowed hot food and burned my throat and got an infection.
Helpful - 0
Wish i could edit my post but check this, I know it's wikipedia and not entirely 100% trustworthy but take it for what it's worth:)

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streptococcal]Strep[/url] or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streptococcal
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Cold and Flu Community

Top General Health Answerers
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.