Cold and Flu Community

Do I need a different antibiotic, or is it causing me not to get better.

I had a high fever, and muscle soreness. Then I started getting congested, so I went to the doctor. They checked for the flu, and took a chest x-ray. They said both looked fine. They put me on antibiotics because my phlegm was discolored. My fever left, and muscle ache's. Now I've been coughing up phlegm. Its been a week since I've been on antibiotics, and a week and a half I've been sick. My congestion is not getting better.
The congestion could just be a leftover from the infection, it's your lungs trying to get rid of the dead bacteria. It may take a few weeks to clear. If it changes colour again or gets worse see a doctor.
Went back to the doctor. They put me on more antibiotics. A 5 day, and steroids. It's and the end of the five days and my ribs hurt from coughing, and I'm still congested. I'm really worried.