A
A
A
Close
Cold and Flu Community
1.94k Members

Is this just from a cold infection?

Hi all,

One week from yesterday I got a sore throat which lasted through the next day. The infection then moved into my sinuses - for the 3rd day the sinuses flowed fairly easily. But the fourth day they started blocking then unblocking. The sinuses were like that for a couple of days with a lot of yellow mucus. It took till about day 5 before the mucus started building up in my throat but up till now has been easy to clear (normally I get that crackling in my throat). Now the nose and throat is still a problem. I have about 3-4 hours from when I wake up that I have to keep clearing my throat before it stops.

The sinuses are pretty bad, I have to clear them frequently yet they don't actually drip. And its mainly clear but with the odd yellow discharge. And its actually hard to clear my nose now, I think too some of it may have moved into the sinuses that lead to the ear as there's a very small bit of pressure in them. I'm also noticing that if I push a tissue up my nose as far as I can this can help me either sneeze (which helps dispel more mucus) or simply allows me to discharge more.

I started taking a  phennylephrine based decongestant, then tried the pseudoephedrine one. I've only taken 2 tablets so far this morning but haven't noticed anything.

Any thoughts? Is this just something that will eventually clear itself? I started taking immune-boosting products like olive leaf, and a herbal thing as soon as I got the sore throat. Beyond the sinuses and throat I feel fine apart from feeling tired. No aches and pains, no temperature...

Hope someone has some thoughts! Thanks!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.