Cold and Flu Community

Is this just from a cold infection?

Hi all,

One week from yesterday I got a sore throat which lasted through the next day. The infection then moved into my sinuses - for the 3rd day the sinuses flowed fairly easily. But the fourth day they started blocking then unblocking. The sinuses were like that for a couple of days with a lot of yellow mucus. It took till about day 5 before the mucus started building up in my throat but up till now has been easy to clear (normally I get that crackling in my throat). Now the nose and throat is still a problem. I have about 3-4 hours from when I wake up that I have to keep clearing my throat before it stops.

The sinuses are pretty bad, I have to clear them frequently yet they don't actually drip. And its mainly clear but with the odd yellow discharge. And its actually hard to clear my nose now, I think too some of it may have moved into the sinuses that lead to the ear as there's a very small bit of pressure in them. I'm also noticing that if I push a tissue up my nose as far as I can this can help me either sneeze (which helps dispel more mucus) or simply allows me to discharge more.

I started taking a  phennylephrine based decongestant, then tried the pseudoephedrine one. I've only taken 2 tablets so far this morning but haven't noticed anything.

Any thoughts? Is this just something that will eventually clear itself? I started taking immune-boosting products like olive leaf, and a herbal thing as soon as I got the sore throat. Beyond the sinuses and throat I feel fine apart from feeling tired. No aches and pains, no temperature...

Hope someone has some thoughts! Thanks!