Cold and Flu Community

Lump in neck

Hello. Both my children and my mother have all been sick the last couple of weeks with the common cold virus. Their symptoms included sneezing, sore throat, coughing and body aches. I have none of these symptoms.

For the last 3 days, I have experienced a sore and swollen neck, NOT throat. The pain is localized to one particular area which is painfully sore to touch, which is by the round  lump...I believe is comparable to the Adam's Apple; however, I'm female. I am running a low grade fever of 100.5 and have no other symptoms.

Is this the begining of a cold? Or should I be tested or observed futher by an MD?

Thanks for your help in advance!
That lump you have is where the lymph nodes are, which will swell and be painful if you're fighting off infection.  Your fever suggests that, too.  So, I think it's a good thing that your immune system is perhaps working well enough to fight off your family's cold.