Cold and Flu Community

Pain from coughing

I got a cough about 3 weeks ago and then this last week got the flu. I wasn't worried when the fever hit 103.5 but I did notice I was coughing a lot more. I am finally over most of the effects of the flu but this morning I coughed and my chest hurt. Not my upper abs (because they already hurt) but the place just between the rib cage at the bottom. Every time I cough it is excrutiating pain. It even hurts to the touch. Could I have pulled a muscle from coughing too much and what can I do for this?

ya i too have the same problem, got an x ray done a week back, shows no problem.i have this pain on the left side of my chest while coughing. frnds suspect of cramp or the result of too much of coughing over 3 weeks.. m on medication now since 10-15 days but no relief..