Cold and Flu Community

Right side of throat is sore

Almost 3 weeks ago I developed cold/flu symptoms eg fever, night sweats, sinus pressure/congestion, coughing, nausea.  That lasted about a week, as soon as those symptoms started to fade away I got a sore throat, but only on my right side. That was 2 weeks ago and I still have the sore throat. What gives? Again, all other symptoms are gone except for the sore throat. What could this be?
I just went through this well still kinda am.  does it hurt to swallow or talk?   if so u need to go see the dr.   I have a abscess tonsil  and it will keep getting bigger if u dont have it drained!!
Its most pronounced at night, in the morning, and when I swallow or laugh. So, could I rule out mono or strep?