Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cold and Flu Community
1.9k Members

Sinus Problem

If if you sinus is draining at the back of your throat and due to this u hear wheezing or a sound like wheezing  is this normal to hear
3 Responses
It's called post-nasal drip.  It's when mucus from the nose drip down the back of the throat.  The wheezing can be caused by the attempt to clear the throat more often then usual.  It is normal if accompanied by a cold, but if it lasts for an unusually long time and when you blow your nose it's green then it could be a sinus infection so talk to your doctor.  To ease post nasal drip drink a lot of fluids, especially hot ones like tea, and you can put hot compresses over your eyes (over the sinuses).  A decongestant will also help.  Whenever I get a cold I get postnasal drip.  It's really aggravating.  I hope this was helpful.  
I have post nasal drip all the time. I've seen an allergist and ears nose thorat dr's and they recommend tons of fluids, hot tea, nasal rinses and to take decongestant or allergy tablets. The next step is to find out what is causing. It happens around nov-feb. Then when I get a virus on top of it, I'M MISERABLE!!!!

yes it happens to me all the time around nov-feb. I went to the hospital for it once because it became a sinus infection. I usually take sudafed pe and it helps.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
80052 tn?1550346932
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.