Cold and Flu Community

cold sores

I have cold sores around my mouth for more than a month now. During the first few days, I asked my doctor for Acyclovir; he prescribed Valtrex, 500 mg. once a day for 10 days. Didn't do the trick. I called the doctor's office again. Prescribed Valtrex again, 1k mg, taken every 12 hrs. I did that and didn't work. Yesterday, I felt tingling/ burning on the my lower lips, and this morning I looked in the mirror and blisters right below my lower lip. On top of this, I have small lesion that is not healing in the corner of my mouth. Please help. Thanks.
Blisters near your lip and in the corner of your mouth sure sound like herpes simplex cold sores.  Valtrex should shorten the length of time you suffer from them.  The one in the corner of the mouth could also be superinfected with staph, if it's not getting better go see your doctor since bactroban or altabax can help if that's the problem.