Colitis Forum

Fistual but no insurance

I was diagnosed with UC in 1995.  I had an extremely severe case of it.  My colon finally ruptured in September of 1999.  In February of 2000 I received a J-Pouch.  I never had any problems until 2006 when I noticed a lump forming near my vagina.  It looks as if it's a fistula.  I have had this thing for the past three years and have not been able to have it taken care of because I cannot afford medical insurance.  I applied for state assistance, but they denied me.  My fistua has gotten worse with time and and it is abscessed and causes me a lot of pain on a daily basis.  I've even had to miss work on occasion because of this.  My local doctor isn't experience with patients who have J-Pouches.  I live in a small community.  He has written to several doctors asking if they would be willing to see me for free or on a discount basis because in his own words my condition is "chronic" and I "desperately need help". Not one doctor ever responded to his letters.  I am at my "wits end" because I don't know what to do.  I am battling with depression now because of this.  I feel that there is no help out there for me.  I thought I would try to write here to see if there was any way you could help me out.  I don't know what else to do.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  As each day goes by my condition becomes worse and so does my metal health as well.

Fistula usually occurs with CD and not UC.
I have provided with a link below. It is meant for people without insurance-
http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem