Colon Cancer Community

CEA rise

My mother had cancer twice, once colonrectal (stage 3) in 2002 and once breast in 2008. Both got surgically removed followed by chemo (and radio for breast). She just got a call from her oncologist for a borderline CEA level (around 5.5). As far as we can remember, the pre-surgical CEA levels were both lower than 5 (could be ~2.5, I don't know the exact value). She also noticed that her CEA has slowly crept up in the last 3 tests (1.5, 2.5, 2.8).
Could this rise be an indication of recurrence or metastasis? Or could it be of a different origin? She's going to the doctor this Wed but I just want to get some extra advice on the issue before hand. She is extremely worried.
Colon Cancer can affect anyone at any age. Ashley Havlena shares her story.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Read on to find out how a fecal occult blood test saved Keith Friend’s life.
Colon cancer screening tests save lives. Learn how you can reduce your risk for colon cancer.
It’s a fact: You’re never too young for colon cancer. Learn more about the disease.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Amr Radwan shares his story.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Angie shares her family's ongoing struggle with cancer.