Colon Cancer Community

Unintentional weight loss, very worried it's cancer!!

In the last 9 months, I have lost 10lbs without trying.  Since realizing the weight loss a month ago, I have been eating everything under the sun but have not gained weight, maintaining at 93lbs for my 5"1" frame.  I am in my mid-thirties.  My thyroid and labs for Celiacs are normal.  Other than cancer and celiacs, what are some other causes for not being able to gain weight.  I am scared beyond belief that I have colon cancer since there is a family hx with my mother.

I have both an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy scheduled next week- and feel extremely anxious for the results.  Hoping to hear other peoples thoughts here.  I have also never been under sedation and worry about that since I have low blood pressure.  They use profonol.  Please if anyone could offer any input, I would greatly appreciate it!  Thanks!
Colon cancer cannot be suspected only on the basis of weight loss, because this can be because of celiac disease also. Considering your family history a colonoscopy and a directed biopsy will help find out if there is any cancer. For stress management you can seek counselling and try meditation which will help a lot. Avoid sedatives as far as possible.
Take care.
Colon Cancer can affect anyone at any age. Ashley Havlena shares her story.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Read on to find out how a fecal occult blood test saved Keith Friend’s life.
Colon cancer screening tests save lives. Learn how you can reduce your risk for colon cancer.
It’s a fact: You’re never too young for colon cancer. Learn more about the disease.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Amr Radwan shares his story.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Angie shares her family's ongoing struggle with cancer.