cloud of blood around stool
Hi, i am 24 now and so over the past year or so I've been having a really gassy belly, kind of really bad but sometimes I can be fine.

It was about a month ago that I went to the toilet, done my poo, and thankfully I forgot to flush the toilet. I went back into the bathroom say 30mins later to tidy round etc.. looked in the toilet bowl and I could see my stool, surrounded  by what looked like a sort of cloud of blood which settled on the bottom of the toilet. Like it sort of seeped out into the water slowly.

I spent 5 to 10 mins just looking at the stool to see if it had blood actually on or in the stool, but it looked fine with it's normally brown lumpy colour. The blood looks bright red, not black or dark red.

Now I have had a really bad diet lately, as the company I work for has brought in a mcdonalds, and I get free staff meals which means I can eat what I want from there.

Im almost always feeling quite bloated after I eat and then the flatulents start, but I will need the loo maybe 45mins-2 hours after and I feel fine. I also eat ALOT lol but I am only 11st 3lbs. There is a little discomfort during this period which i am thinking is down to being gassy. For the amount I eat I should be putting on weight but people are saying its just a fast metabolism.

Ive read all sorts of websites saying it can be hemmeroids, chrones disease, ibs, ibd or even colon cancer. Now thats when I began to get scared. Needless to say have cut right down on the free mcdonalds, sometimes getting the breakfast instead.

I will he going to my gp in the morning as I need to find iut wuat is wrong after reading up on it.

What tests can I expect to get done? Is there anyone out there that is familiar with what these symptoms could be? Now im not a hypercondriack but reading the colon cancer part has really ''put the poo's in me''

Thanks for reading, I hope someone can shed some light.
At your age and with just one episode of blood in stool does not mean colon cancer. Bloody stool means that there's some sort of injury or disorder located somewhere in your digestive tract. The closer the source of bleeding is to the anus, the brighter red the blood will be.

If the bloody stool is bright red, then it could be due to hemorrhoids or anal fissures. The causes of bloody stool that is more maroon in color is intestinal polyps, inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulosis (diverticulosis causes significant bleeding)

There is a possibility that the appearance of your stool was changed by something in your diet. Some foods, supplements and medicines have a tendency to turn your stool black. Are you taking iron pills or licorice? They can cause darkening of stools which people mistake for blood in the stools.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have the same comment to make about myself I hav ecopied your words since they are exactly mine only I have been watching the toilet bowl and water turn red after BM for 15 months:
here are your words which describes my condition
"" I could see my stool, surrounded  by what looked like a sort of cloud of blood which settled on the bottom of the toilet. Like it sort of seeped out into the water slowly. "
I have been to three doctors. the last one looked at a photo I took(embarrassing ) and declared the colour brown not red. he was very condescending. it is red- I see it each day for 15 months. I am so frustrated with dr who won't listen and do nothing.
What came if this?  I have the same reddish cloud issue. Thanks!
hi any updates i have the same issue
Hi everyone! I have the same thing. Could please someone bring some light into this
Yeah I would ask to go see a GI doctor. It could be your diet or maybe crones. Probably not cancer though