Colon Cancer Community

long lump in lower left abdomen?

So im lost on this. Mostly cause i dont really agree with my doctor on this.

Anyways. What im feeling is that in my lower left abdomen. From the crotch to right under on the left side on my bellybutton is a lump.
Its about 13 cm long and goes about 1 cm to about 5 cm wide at the top.

It was sore at first when its wasnt this big. Meaning it was just as long in the beginning, but not as wide. More like 0.5 cm wide.
now a week has passed and it only grows.
Its not sore or painful anymore, but now it just bugs me as i can feel it pressing against my jeans and such.

What could this be?

My doctor said its the edge of one of my abdomen muscles. . . But how can it swell up like that?
plus, when i flex- If feels like its more in the fat tissue since it doesnt move with the muscles at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So added info now.
Just in case this might help.
On several tests throughout the years there has always been a tiny bit of blood in my urin. (nothing i can actually see with my naked eye). But they never found a reason. (might be my anxiety meds..... yes i suffer from anxiety and this bugs me. But mostly cause I can physicaly feel this lump. )

Aside from that I tend to get severe pains in my left lower abdomen a couple times a year.
Also my stool has a mind of its own and varies allot in density and color.  (thin, hard, brown, yellow, greenish)
I also suffer from some acid reflux.
That should cover the stomach. Well aside from my doc is sending me in for a ultrascan to see if I have Bladder stones.

Btw, he did the whole balls and caugh and said theres no hernia.

K done.
Long lump in fat-. What is it?
Hi.  What you described is consistent with a few things.  Of course, I cannot examine your abdomen so I'll have to go by what you are describing.  Stool can be palpable in this same area.  However, stool should not persist unless you are constantly constipated.  Stool would be present one day and gone or changed in shape/size in several days or a week or more.  If the lump is persistent (and you are not chronically constipated) then it is consistent with either:  1) abdominal musculature; 2) a ventral hernia (where the underlying structure(s) herniate through the muscle/fascia layer; 3) lipoma which is a collection of fat (fat tumor--not cancerous); or an underlying mass involving a deeper abdominal structure.  What you described is not suggestive of a urological (bladder or kidney) problem.  Also, your acid reflux disease should not be related to this problem.   I would suggest that you discuss this further with your physician and consider an abdominal ultrasound or abdominal CT scan if you haven't already gotten one.  These imaging studies should help to determine what is going on.  Hope this helps.

Best,

Frank Farrell, M.D.
Thanks allot for the answer. So first thing I noticed is that its likely nothing lifethreatening. Thats good. But yes, great to get some input I can carry further to my doc´.
thank you.
You're very welcome.

Best,

Frank Farrell, MD
Colon Cancer can affect anyone at any age. Ashley Havlena shares her story.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Read on to find out how a fecal occult blood test saved Keith Friend’s life.
Colon cancer screening tests save lives. Learn how you can reduce your risk for colon cancer.
It’s a fact: You’re never too young for colon cancer. Learn more about the disease.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Amr Radwan shares his story.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Angie shares her family's ongoing struggle with cancer.