Colon Cancer Community

perineum mass/lump

really embarassed to ask this, to scared to go to the dr's, even thou im a 47 year old female who's had children. I feel as if i have a lump/mass internally between my bottom and my vagina, my bowel habits have changed from regular to constipated, i have piles occasionally, not bothersome,  got them at the mo due to pushing. On going to the toilet, it sometimes feels as if something is still there or inside. I have not been aware of the perineum area feeling so solid before, its not painful, thou its an awkward place to feel around. it just feels solid, approx size 2 inch ,  occasional dull pain in the bottom of my left cheek when sitting in bed. I dont feel its pile related, thou im no expert :( anyone got any suggestions. Ive googled it but cant find anyone with a similar problem.
Thank you.
Please don't be embarassed.  Go to the doctor sooner rather than later.  The change in bowel habits and the lump are alarming symptoms and you should be seen.  If you seek medical intervention early, you may save yourslef from experiences that are far more embarassing, not to mention painful and life-threatening.  It may turn out to be something minor, but you should be seen for your own safety.  I had late stage rectal cancer when diagnosed and believe me, there is embarassment and then there is cancer treatment - embarassment in a league of its own!  

Best of luck  Please post again when you have more information.

jd
jd ... thank you so much for your comment, it gave me the strengh to go see my doctor this afternoon. Like you said, there is 5 minutes embarassment or cancer treatment. luckily the dr thinks the lump is inside piles, even thou i feel its in a funny place.and rather larger than a pile, but ive been checked out and thats the main thing, as for the change in bowel habits the dr thought it could be my thoaroid (sorry cant spell it) so had some blood taken.
thank you again for taking the time to reply to my post. and your strengh to wisely advise another.
best wishes.
Just an update to my previous post some 6 months ago. Despite being told by the doctor my lump was an internal pile, my symptoms got worse, over the course of 6 months i became extremly tired, blood seemed constant in my bowel movements and despite what i ate or drank i still couldnt fully go to the loo, and always felt as if there was something there. 2 prescriptions later and a cupboard full of laxitives, 3 weeks ago, another Dr gave me an internal examination and confirmed he felt a lump. I have now seen a specialist, who on an internal examination confirmed, 'yes' there is a lump, xrays showed a impacted colon and nxt week im booked in for the camera up the bottom and further tests.
I have lots of thoughts going throu my head at the moment, as i can only presume its a 50/50 waiting game.
The reason for this update is despite my huge embarrasement about the whole bottom thing, despite being told 6 months ago i was worrying about nothing, my symptoms persisted, and i felt something was wrong, so i went and saw another Dr.
All i can say to anyone else going throu this is like 'jd' said, if your worried and have similar symptoms, get to the Dr's.
hey im 17 and i have to scary lumps between my vagina and bottom to im so scared can anyone help me they appeared a month ago my doctor told me it looked like genetal herpes but the tests came back negitivee so thats good but the lumps havnt gone away only appeared smaller i had my hpv needle so does anyone no what this could be ive talked to my step mum about it she doesnt seem to concerned but im really fraking out someone please help me.
Hi, im 25 and I have 2 young children, since the birth of my 2nd child 7months ago I have had nothing but trouble with going to the toilet, ive been going to the docs since the start of Dec and they kept saying it was nothing and kept giving me fibre gel and cream to help with the stomach pains and pains when I went to the toilet, but for the past 3months or so things have got really bad im in contant pain with my stomach, and when I need to go to the toliet and im agony (with my tum and bottom) and have to bite and towel and makes me cry and have blood in the pan (sorry lol) so I seen a different doctor and he is sending me to hospital to see somebody, im so scared I really dont no what to think, im really hoping its just IBS and a tear from birth and I find it hard to speak to my friends and family about this.
Hello, I put off getting the pain in my perineum treated until I could hardly walk. Turned out it was an abcsess. Spent 3 days in hospital but on the mend now. It was a little embarassing at first but the medical staff were brilliant and I was left wondering why I'd waited so long. It's easy to forget that, whilst it's embarassing for us as individuals, these guys are very professional and deal with this type of stuff on a regular basis.
I have had exactly the same symptoms on and off for about a year now. I've been to two doctors, one said it was nothing, the other that it was anal fissures/constipation and gave laxatives. All rubbish as it's still not gone away and can still be very sore. I'm constantly concerned about it, but getting even more reluctant to see another doctor as they keep assuring me it nothing - I'm embarrassed to go back saying no there's still a problem. What is really frustrating is that this could be really serious and yet no doc (so far) will refer me to a specialist just to be sure... I was wondering if you have had a diagnosis since your last tests? (...i should really be asking the docs myself, I know...)
Hello there,

I am sorry to re-open this forum I was wondering if anyone had any updates please??

I have had this lump for over 2 years and it has grown etc... I have never been to the Doctors about this at all. However I have been for a Colonoscopy 3 times and each time they say I am fine, that is very good. I have had very bad constipation for the same length of time and sometimes I can go over 2 weeks without going to the toilet. I say constipation but I do not actually get the urge to use the toilet at all. I went 18 days without using the toilet and I had to go and get it hoovered out (pardon my explanation).

This lump is very hard and runs right from the rear opening of my vagina, through to just near the opening of my anus. It is very central and not on the leg etc... as some people are describing. I do not have any pain from it at all, it is just there and growing at a very slow speed.

I do get piles from time to time, but very minor and mild symptoms.

Thank you for any help,

Sharon
Well...how r u? Found this searching...have similar lump & have already blown off by 1 doctor. Hope u r okay now. Doctors are fallible so keep looking till get real answer...obviously this is abnormal.
I just discovered this myself.  Ick, embarrassing and awkward but scary too.  Hard lump  low between the back vaginal wall and I guess front colon wall.  I'm 39, this is very new--got some other health issues but this is new (within 3 weeks or so).  Help?
I had burning sensation and would have the spot bubble up and bust. At first they thought it was a boil, so they lacerated it twice. When that didn't work I was sent to the surgeon who thought it was a cyst, so she cauterized it. Went back on Monday and was told it was a mass. had surgery on wednesday and now have between 15 and 20 stitches the mass was alot bigger than they thought. My suggestion to all is find a doctor who is willing to listen to you and not blow you off. You know when something is not right with your body.
Colon Cancer can affect anyone at any age. Ashley Havlena shares her story.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Read on to find out how a fecal occult blood test saved Keith Friend’s life.
Colon cancer screening tests save lives. Learn how you can reduce your risk for colon cancer.
It’s a fact: You’re never too young for colon cancer. Learn more about the disease.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Amr Radwan shares his story.
You're never too young for colon cancer. Angie shares her family's ongoing struggle with cancer.