Complementary Medicine Community
469 Members

Fish oil (EPA/DHA) recommended doseage

I take one capsule of Mega-Red per day (the daily recommended dosage). I was thinking of switching to N3 Oceanic's ResQ1250 which has about 5-6 times the concentration of EPA, DHA and Omega-3's. However, their daily recommended dosage is 4-6 capsules per day which seems to be the equivalent of taking about 30 Mega-Red capsules per day. Would appreciate your input as to whether my analysis is correct and why are they recommending such a very high dosage.
The question depends on why you're taking it and the milligrams.  Too much EPA for a person without health problems can be too much, but it's hard to imagine any gel cap containing enough fish oil for a decent daily dosage.  Since I'm unfamiliar with the companies, I can't comment on the product -- take Nordic Naturals myself, and because I have special reasons I take 6 a day, whereas the bottle recommends two.  Remember that recommendations on the bottle are for the company's safety, since there's no necessary daily dosage of fish oil.
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Learn ow this ancient healing Indian medicine can work for you
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste