Complementary Medicine Community
469 Members

alternative to the drugs i am taking

I am looking for alternative medicine  to treat my borderline personality disorder. also, my husband is bip2 mixed severe with psychotic tendencies. we are looking for an alternative to seroquil
Remember that bipolar 2 isn't bipolar at all, it's just a form of depression.  Don't know about all this borderline stuff.  Most of these designations are to allow medications to be used, but only true bipolar is an incurable psychotic ailment.  So there are lots of drugs for this.  Seroquel probably isn't one of the first I'd try, at least not by itself -- it was notoriously marketed for unapproved purposes and was sanctioned for it.  As for natural medicine, that's very complicated in the treatment of mental illness.  It requires a lot of different remedies, a lot of experimentation, changes in diet, exercise, meditation, etc.  A good overview to get you started is Natural Highs by Hyla Cass, a psychiatrist at UCLA who uses natural medicine in her practice.  But each individual is different, so if you want natural methods I'd see a psychiatrist who practices integrated medicine or you could try a naturopath.  As for different medications, there's the whole panoply of antidepressants and atypical antipsychotics out there.
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Learn ow this ancient healing Indian medicine can work for you
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste