Complementary Medicine Community
469 Members

headache

i have migrane head ache what should i do to stop getting it
At the first sign of a migraine (before nausea, etc.) I drink a cup of very strong coffee. That will abort it. Also some migraines have triggers. Mine take place in the afternoon. Usually if I was fatigued and sitting in the sun. Especially If I had a drink in that condition a migraine was guaranteed. I am not talking of drunkenness and I rarely drink.  But even a small glass of wine would do it.
I am a chronic migraine sufferer and I wish I could tell you a fail proof way to get rid of having them but I can't. However, here are a few things to try:
1. Try putting and ice pack on the back of your neck while covering your eyes with a wet wash cloth.
2. Take a shower and let the water try to ease the pain.
3.Take a combination of Excedrin Migraine and Excedrin Tension Headache.
4. If you have a prescription Migraine Medication take that.
6. Lay in complete darkness after taking whatever medication.

Now I can tell you this doesn't always work but 9 times out of 10 something above will help. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
thanx for all of u
I used to suffer migraines.  When I was in my twenties, many years ago, a doctor told me to start doing transcendental meditation.  I thought he was nuts, but I did it, and in the over 30 years since I've had three migraines.  When I do feel migraine -like symptoms coming on, there's a very good natural product called Migraine Relief by Ridgecrest Herbals that helps me.  
For headache/migraine do this pranayam for 20 minutes, twice a day. Drink warm water and avoid cold drinks.Do the pressure points.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
Pressure points:
Press the depression, on side of forehead, on both sides of head, in a circular movement.
Press the depression, on side of eyebrows, on both sides of head, in a circular movement.
Press the bone on top of nose, between the eyebrows.
Press the back top of head(the back part of top of head) with your palms locked together.
Press the medulla points on lower back of head(behind bottom of ears).Feel the depression and press.
February 18, 2011
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Learn ow this ancient healing Indian medicine can work for you
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste