Teeth Whitening

Hi. Can anyone please answer this?

I'm 15 turning 16 this year, and my family never takes me to a dentist.
When I was younger, no one ever told me to brush my teeth. And right now, they're yellow and my two front teeth have stains on them and I hate it.. And now my family say " Oh they're yellow! Why??? This is what they expect for never telling me anything..

I want to be able to talk to people or my friends without having to worry about what they will think of my teeth. It's very embarrassing, and I used to have people at my school teasing me about them.

I have brushed my teeth for some years now atleast once a day sometimes twice a day. I'm even too embarressed to talk to my mum about it so she can take me to the dentist. We are a family t hat doesn't have much money, and she will probably say no because it is too expensive.

So I'd like to know how much it would cost to get your teeth whitened?
Thanks. ;x
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Get your teeth professionally cleaned first by a dental hygienist.  You probably have a significant amount of surface staining after all these years.  It's possible that the hygienist may be able to clean them and you may be satisfied with the shade from this alone.  If not, then they can recommend a whitening product.
Helpful - 0
Look in the yellow pages and call some dentists and see if they can direct you to some free dental care. Since you are still considered a child, they may be able to help you. I am sorry you are going through this.
Helpful - 0
I know I said to look in the yellow pages, which I don't know if you have, maybe a better idea would be to go online if you have access the internet. Maybe even a counselor at school could help you.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your help and suggestions.
I am hopefully going to go to the Densist on Saturday and hopefully my mum takes me because this is really annoying!! :(

I don't think I could talk to a counselor, it's too embarrassing to tell a stranger..
I have Yellowpages, but what would I need to seach for on the internet?
Helpful - 0
Try natural teeth whitening products like lemon skin and a mixture of salt and baking soda go to google and search: natural teeth whitening.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Comprehensive Dentistry Forum

If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.