my mouth is peeling

The inside of my cheeks are peeling, and after i brush my teeth my gums do as well and sometimes they both swell but not a lot. I have had this for a long time and it never really gets worse but also never goes completely away. My cheeks sometimes feel dry. I can scrape it off with my fingernail and it is just white skin, almost transparent. It seems like if i dont brush my teeth everyday it gets more dry. It doesnt ever really hurt but it gets tender at times not a lot. I just have to idea what it is and i am concerned and scared.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It could possible be your toothpaste.  Some toothpaste contain sodium hydoxide which
with prolonged use could cause tissue to slough off.
Helpful - 0
Sorry that this help you a bit! Based on what you have been describing it is the only viable and safe option that I could come up with, and I am aware of some other possible options, but I do not make a definitive diagnosis over the internet . If you need a more precise diagnosis, that is something nobody can give you over the internet. If you are so concerned as I said in my last post, have it evaluated by your dentist or MD.
Helpful - 0
This did not help me the least bit! I know that i dont bite my cheek, this has went on for A LONG TIME! I think i would have come to that conclusion on my own if it were that simple.
Helpful - 0
I don't think you have anything to worry about. You are probably cheek biting. Have your dentist take a look at it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Comprehensive Dentistry Forum

If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.