Compulsive Behaviors Forum

The use of PET and SPECT in people with depersonalization disorders

As a suffered of severe chronic derealization, I am interested in the application of PET  and SPECT scan of the brain; can these be revealing of pathology in people with chronic depersonalization/derealization disorders,    if the MRI is normal?     Under what circumstances could they be ordered,  which is likely more useful, and what type of specialist would I need?   Would this be worth pursuing or likely a waste of time?
Sorry, I don't know this area at all.

tg

Also,  are there any other unconventional methods to uncover a pathology in these states of mind where routine testing has proven negative
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.