Congestive Heart Failure Community

cardiac semi-occlusion

Friend just came out surgery.  Was told he has 95% occlusion----don't know at this point what was done in surgery but do wish to have some idea as to prognosis---and a suggestion as to how to give positive imput/support to his family!!   Tk You

Once the bypass surgery is done, it doesn’t matter how much occlusion was present in the vessel as now it has been replaced by the new vessel which has actually bypassed the occlusion/obstruction. Please encourage the family by telling them that instead of going through the city, now your friend is going on a highway which means that the blood will be absolutely free flowing thus giving adequate blood supply to the muscles of the heart.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted.

Kind Regards.