Congestive Heart Failure Community

heart

if you were born witha  heart mumure does it stay with you for the rest of your life or do you grow out of it.
It depends on the underlying pathology which is causing the heart murmur. For e.g. if the murmur is due to a damage to the heart valve, then it will remain the rest of the life if the valve is not repaired/replaced.
On the other hand, heart murmurs can also occur due to a decrease in hemoglobin, what we commonly refer to as anemia and such murmurs (called as flow murmurs) commonly go away if we treat the underlying cause i.e. anemia.
I sincerely hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind Regards.