A
A
A
Close
Congestive Heart Failure Community
1.61k Members
11505041 tn?1419265768

my heart stops beating

Im 23 and have episodes were my heart stops beating for up to 4 seconds .. as this happens my body rushes with what i can only describe as adrenaline i have no previous heart conditions or any other conditions ... im scared it may stop and not start again any help would be great thanks
3 Responses
my only suggestion for you to see a dr as soon as you possibly can.  You posted this 2 days ago, I hope you've been able to see someone.  I would be truly interested in knowing what you find out. Take care
11505041 tn?1419265768
i have been to my gp who have done 3 diff ecg ... and came up with nothing .. i went back yesterday for another but there booking me in for a 24 hour one as this happens to me whilst relaxing or getting ready to sleep at night witch makes it even more scarier ... my gp and the gp at the hospital said up to 5 seconds is safe but this cant be normal if i havnt experienced it before now and for how suddenly it has came on .. butwhen i get my results ill keep you posted .. thank you anyways
11505041 tn?1419265768
thanks anyways
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.