Cord Blood Community
61 Members

Cord Blood and Cord Stem Banking

Hi Doctor, my wife is in her 22nd week of her pregnancy. We are planning for cord stem and cord blood banking. Could you please advice if it's a right decision and will it be helpful in future. Also my mother had liver cancer for which she had been operated upon. Will my baby's cell be of any use to her. I stay in India so could you please advice any good and reliable stem cell banking company here. Regards
Going for cord blood banking is a good decision. There are many such cord blood banks in India and the hospital you have chosen for your delivery will be able to arrange it for you. Cord blood is a rich source of Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs).  Cord blood can be used to treat (and often cure) numerous diseases. Research on stem cell therapy has shown that these could be used to treat various life threatening diseases which include all types of cancer and blood disorders like leukaemia, thalessaemia, sickle cell anaemia etc. There is now a long list of hundreds of diseases and conditions that cord blood can be used to treat...most of them at this time use cord blood from a matched blood relative. Consult your Doctor regarding the same.
Hope this helps. Take care.
    Its the best decision your going to take. Stem cells through umbilical cord are used in the treatment of life threatening diseases like cancer,stroke,blood disorder, heart attack and many more. Many people are not aware of it and people think its really very costly. But there are many banks that store your baby stem cell with low cost like RMS regrow, Lfecell, cryobanksindia
Cord Blood Community
61 Members
1.53k Questions
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.