Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
167 Members

10 stents, angina

I have 8 med stents fully lining in my LCA forming a full metal jacket
And two others in adjacent arteries.

The last was placed in February 2015.  I have been on plavix for over 8 years.

My ekgs always show sinus rhythm or bradycardia, even immediately before heart catheterization when blockages were found.  As a result the doctors have difficulty understanding the angina I am having.  I have had two minor mi, one while having a stress test.  It only indicated bradycardia.

I have also had 2 strokes reversed by tpa and 1 "mini stroke"

I had relief from angina for about two weeks after the last stent placement, but that has resumed with a vengeance and is debilitating.

As you can imagine I am confusing the cardiologists since my symptoms are atypical.  Unfortunately it is difficult to get them to list or even read the documented case history.

My cardiologist referred me to a surgeon for heart by-pass surgery.  A subsequent heart cath showed no current blockage with a "normal" eeg of sinus bradycardia.

The current diagnoses is the stents are restricting flow into the arteries being fed by this vessel, including the micro arteries.   A by-pass will not relieve the problems caused by the stunted arteries.  

I'm being told that increased meds may help, if not a different type of heart by-pass graft may be needed.

My question is does it seem reasonable that the stented artery can be causing the theme angina and that by-passing the affected artery will not benefit me?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.