A
A
A
Close
Coronavirus Community
144 Members

Fever for 4 days covid??

Sir/madam
I am 42 yr old had chills rigours severe body pains and fever since 4 days with throat pain and increased urination, and my initial test showed wbc normal platelet normal monocytes 10 lymphocyte 20. Dengue serology enteric serology neg d dimer LFT normal urine normal sars covid Rtpcr neg. my sats vary between 94-97 and resp rate 16. No fever today but weakness. Do I need hrct chest for covid
3 Responses
Pls give advice anxious no more/ curfew
1 Comments
Urgent as I am freaking
134578 tn?1602101550
If you were tested for Covid and it was negative, it doesn't seem as though you would need a chest scan usually done for pulmonary fibrosis or emphysema. It sounds like your fever is down. If you are freaking out over the possibility of Covid, possibly you could get another Covid test. If it is also negative, look into getting some help for anxiety.
A chest scan would be if there was suspicion something was going on there.  Now, you don't say what kind of covid test you had, and many of them have a lot of false negatives and false positives, especially the quicker ones.  From interviews with docs treating covid they all say you need several tests to be sure.  So we can't know if you have covid or not, but you did test negative.  It sounds like your doc did a thorough exam.  You could have the flu, you could have lots of things that aren't covid.  Before covid we all got sick sometimes.  So while we aren't doctors and can't tell you what it is you have, if you think you might still have covid what you would want isn't a picture of your chest but another covid test and it should be a good test, not a quick test.  And do know, your doctor knows a lot more about it and has seen you, so if you still have concerns I'd see your doc again.  Peace.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn more with our FAQ on Ebola.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.