Coronavirus Community
167 Members

Need advice

So I've tested with a PCR swab test on hospital yesterday (26/12/20) and still waiting for the results to come out on tuesday (29/12/20). I decided to get tested because since Christmas eve i I've had a slight fever, a flu,a slight sore throat and apparently i can't smell anything up to this day, and my eyes kind of hurt(?) I don't really know how to explain this one. So to anticipate the result of the test being reactive, what should i do then? I didn't had any other symptoms other than this. Thank you guys
If you get a positive test, or even if you strongly suspect (from the fever and lack of sense of smell) that it will be positive, you should be quarantining if you don't live alone. If the test comes out positive, they'll give you instructions. There is also lot of information on the Internet. (For example, from n e  b r a s k a m e d . c o m :)

What to do if you test positive for COVID-19:

Stay home.
    Separate yourself from others.
    Clean your hands often.
    Don't share things with healthy people.
    Monitor your symptoms.
    Call ahead for medical care.
    Return to work only after recovering.
I'm currently home for the holidays and staying with my parents. What should i do? Any specific actions i should take other than keeping my distance and wearing my mask all the time? I'm worried for them
Reread the above.  Hate to say it, but you're almost certain to have it if you've lost your sense of smell.  Get out of your parent's house, or if they have a finished basement or a room where you can isolate, do that.  Otherwise, see if they have an isolation hotel in your area where you can await your test results.  But you know, you've got it, most likely.  So read the great advice above and act on it.  It's not fun, but it's the right thing to do.  Protect your folks.  Get better soon.  Peace.
Much appreciated, I'm not worried for myself though. I'm worried for them. Thanks for the advice, stay safe and happy holidays!
I agree with the above comments. I would have your family also get tested. But you have several symptoms. Hope it doesn't get too bad. Definitely you should all self quarantine. Get delivery of supplies and groceries. Be sure to go in if you get trouble breathing. Call ahead. I hope your folks don't get it. But usually you are asymptomatic several days before you get symptoms and it is very contagious. So, I wish you all the best. I would also contact anyone you were in contact before this such as other friends or family.
mkh9
Learn more with our FAQ on Ebola.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.