Coronavirus Community
35 Members

Should I be worried?

I've had this left side throat pain for about 4-5 days now, and I'm getting anxiety over this considering it's the pandemic of covid-19. I don't have any trouble breathing, stuffy/dripping nose, aches/pains, I'm not dry coughing and I'm not running a fever. Should I be worried about this?
Hi.  I know, it's a scary time.  I find myself analyzing all of my aches and pains and this and that!  It's a very nerve wrecking time.  I think just a pain in your throat that doesn't materialize into anything else is likely just a sore throat.  :>)  No coughing or fever developing is a good sign.  The covid 19 does seem to have a progressive nature so after 4 to 5 days, if nothing more is happening, that's great.  Drink some hot tea, gargle with salt water, and if you can, you can take acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain relief.  Some with covid 19 have reported a sore throat but it's not one of the hallmark signs.  I do think many have it but not that alone as far as I've read.  Here is a symptom pdf from the CDC that compares common flu, cold and corona.   https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-identifying-the-symptoms.pdf

Hope you feel better soon!!
Learn more with our FAQ on Ebola.