Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Abdominal wall swelling after TRAM flap

I had a TRAM in September  2007  I am struggling with a distented high adbominal wall siutation which is painful and seems to swell post exercise.  I have returned to by Bikram yoga class two days a week though I struggle with some of the backbending poses and I do 30 minutes of weight training three days a week.  I can't seem to lose this new spare tire high on my abdominal wall regardless of how much excertise I do.  What do you recommend?
Be sure to speak with your surgeon about this.  The problem is undoubtedly a result of weakness of your abdominal wall.  If the problem is severe enough, some surgeons would recommend exploration of the upper abdomen with reinforcing the area of muscle and fascia loss with an artificial mesh.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.