Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Breast Implants and Smart Lipo

Hi. Ive had saline breast implants since 1994. I have had no problems at all (other than some "deflation" but I still like my size and being a little smaller looks more natural anyway), even went through a pregnancy, nursed, etc...all good. A friend of mine recently told me that you should have implants removed/exchanged every 10 years. Is this true? I don't remember being told that when I went in for the procedure. I don't want to have any unnecessary surgery if this is not true.

Are the results for Smart Lipo (Vaser) permenent?
The "exchange your implants every ten years" rule is ridiculous.  If there are no problems, there is no reason to re-operate.  

Vaser and Smartlipo are two different techniques for removal of fat (Vaser is a form of ultrasonic liposuction and Smartlipo is the use of a traditional neodynium-YAG laser to destroy fat cells).  Both techniques result in permanent fat removal.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.