Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Breast Reduction Vs Breast Lift

I am currently on a weightloss journey, once I hit goal I would really like to get a breast reduction, but I am wondering would just a lift work as well or do you need both ...

Could someone let me know what results they bring getting one over the other ,...as well as doing them both..

Breast lifts are uniformly performed with breast reductions.  With a lift as the sole procedure, often just excess skin is removed without significant reduction of breast volume.  With a reduction, both breast tissue and fat is removed along reshaping the breasts and elevation of nipple position.  The decision as to which procedure to select depends on whether there is a need for volume reduction.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
A related discussion, BR w/implants was started.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.