Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Breast implant reduction after kids

I had breast augmentation in 2008. I have had a baby and I am now pregnant with another. When i first got them done, they were perfect. Perky and full. Now, of course after a baby, they have tended to sag a little and the skin has become a little thin, but the breast itself has grown. I am noticing it is hard on my shoulders when wearing a bra. Is there a way to get a breast lift and go down a size in implants? My problem is, I tend to keloid sometimes. I didnt with augmentation, but I did with my c-sections. So, I am just wondering if a breast lift will be ok with my type of scaring?
1 Responses
242582 tn?1193616720
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
If your breast scarring from the augmentation healed well, then I would expect a similar result from scarring with a breast lift.  A reduction of implant size with a lift would be an appropriate operation.  It should not be considered until after three or four months after you baby comes or after you stop nursing.
Popular Resources
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.