Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Calcified Cephalohematoma Removal - Right Parietal Region

I will be posting this question in the neurosurgery section of this site as well, as I have been referred to both craniofacial surgeons, as well as neurosurgeons.

I was born with a congenital deformity.  It's a cephalohematoma on the top, back-right side of my head (hence Right Parietal region, from what I can gather).  It was quite large, and as most cephalohematomas go away on their own, little to no treatment was performed.  Unfortunately, the thing calcified, and I have been left with a pretty big bump on my head.  It hasn't been an issue for most of my life, as it has been covered up by thick hair.  Unfortunately, genetics happens to be giving way to early male pattern baldness.  I'm 21, losing hair rapidly and diffusely, and fear that, once I shave my head, this bump is going to look quite deformed.  Rough measurements, I would say, are 1.5-2" in diameter (it's almost perfectly round), sticking out about 3/4 of an inch.

Based on a few scholarly journals and some quick research, I feel this calcified hematoma can be removed with the right surgeon.  Here are some quick links to answers I've found:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8327081
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17003628

I'm looking for some general advice, and to be pointed towards someone who can help me out.  This issue is causing severe psychological stress, and I would really like to get it taken care of ASAP.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. This is quite the site.
While this condition is certainly treatable, it appears best that any procedure be undertaken by the combined efforts of both a plastic surgeon and a neurosurgeon.  This would apply not only to the surgical procedure, but also to the planning of the procedure.  You are probably best served by seeking treatment at a university center with both plastic surgery and neurosurgery departments.  While there may be private physicians capable of handling your particular case, a university setting would likely offer the most experience with your problem.
A related discussion, parietal calcified cephalohematoma was started.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.