Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Dying Breast after Augmentation

Six weeks ago I had a mastoplexy with analogous augmentation and a lower body lift.  Healing has been slower then I expected with an area on the hip that become necrotic and is now a 6cm x 5cm x 2 cm hole. This started as an scab that was 2cm x 2cm that has grown over the last few weeks, but I believe that the corner has been turned.
     My big concern is the Doctor removed a scab on the breast and now I have a 6 cm tunnel and a hard mass that he said could be necrotic fat.  What can I expect for treatment? The thought of him carving a hole in the breast is frightening  Today we a doing the watchful waitnig thing, but he has not said what can be expectd as a course of treatment is the mass is dead fat.
As long as the area of fat necrosis ultimately heals, you should have no problem except for a persistent lump from the fat necrosis.  Your real risk is extension of the problem ino the cavity where the breast implants were placed and secondary infection.  Careful follow-up with your doctor as you are doing is your best solution for a successful outcome.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.