Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Fat Necrosis

I have significant fat necrosis in my left breast following bilateral DIEP surgery on August 31, 2007.  Is is likely that the necrotic tissue will soften and feel like the unaffected tissue, or will is always be harder?  If it stays hard, will it will affect the symetry and the natural aging process, and not age normally like the other breast?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Typically, fat necrosis stays firm and hard due to extensive scarring that occurs within and around the affected area.  While it is unlikely to lead to deformity, particularly if you do not see a shape problem now, the palpable firmness will always be present, in my experience.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.