Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Help choosing a plastic surgeon

Hi, I live in NYC and I am planning on having a tummy tuck and a breast lift w/ implants done in a couple of weeks. I work for NYPD and I don't make alot of money. My husband and I agree it is best to pay for the surgery upfront oppose to financing. So, cost is a major factor. I am familiar with 3 surgeons work, my sisters and co-workers have referred these surgeons to me and I have seen their work. However 1 surgeon's fees are alot lower thant the other 2. Is this a reason to be skeptical? Why are his fees so much lower than the other 2 surgeons? He does excellent work, I have seen it first hand. He performs his surgeries in a hospital, not a private facility.
If the doctor's credentials are good (i.e. a Board certified plastic surgeon) and you are comfortable with him and his results, his pricing should not be an issue.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.