Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Laser hair removal.... regrowth

I had a total of three laser hair removal treatments on the underarms and bikini area.  The device used was the "gentle yag".  The most significant result was after the first treatment, but I continued to have results after the next two.  I never had complete hairlessness and had to continue to shave about once a week after the treatments but the skin was smooth and the hair was significantly less.  My last treatment was at the end of May and in mJuly, I began to notice an increase in hair growth and now it seems as if I never had any treatments.  Basically, I am back to baseline.  I have not been re-treated because I moved but had planned to have another one in November when I go back.  My question is..... will more treatments be effective or am I basically "starting over"?  Is this common?
Laser hair removal is a misnomer.  It should be termed laser hair reduction.  Multiple treatments are necessary because the treatment is only effective when the hair follicles are at a certain growth stage, and only a per cent of hairs in the treated area can be effectively eliminated at the time of laser therapy.  You will obviously require additional treatment, but do not expect 100% reduction in hair growth.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.