Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Lift and augmentation seperate surgeries?

My surgeon is wanting me to do a lift and implants to fix a lumpectomy that I had in May of 2009.  It wasn't cancer, it was a galactocile the size of a softball that solidified (after trauma to my milk ducts during a car accident in Feb 2008 5wks after baby).  Anyway, I have an inverted nipple and you can see were the seatbelt went thru my breast and he said due to the trauma he wanted to do the lift first and let that heal, and then do the implants.  I am very hesitant because I don't want to have 2 surgeries.  ALso he said that the nipple could stay inverted because if he cut the scar tissue that is probably causing the inversion I could loose blood flow and the nipple all together.  What are your thought?
Although I usually perform both lift and augmentations at the same time, your case is complicated because of your past history.  It would be inappropriate to second guess your surgeon without a direct examination.
What about the nipple inversion have you been able to fix those before?
Yes, it is possible to correct nipple inversion with a relatively simple surgical technique.  Your surgeon should be faimilar with this.
Is there any chance of loosing the nipple with this procedure?
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.