Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Lymph glands swollen after face lift

I had a face lift a month ago, 3 weeks later I my lymph glands next to my neck, both sides started to swollen.  I had my plastic surgery in Guatemala annd I saw the Dr. before I left and he drained two of the glands and got water out.  When I came to the US,  the swollen continued and got 2 more on each side. one is very infected, is red and painfull.
I saw my MD and gave me antibiotics, but it is not helping me.  I am desperate, would this nodes go away and how long does it take.    Is there any treatment for this condition.  please somebody let me know. thank you.
Swollen, red lymph nodes are typical of an infection.  You need to seek the help of an infectious disease specialist.
A related discussion, neck lift was started.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.