Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Milk Production and implants

I had breast impants put in three years ago and they will inserted under the breast and under the muscle.  I just had a baby three weeks ago and my milk production is very low.  I am taking all these herbs and everything, but I only am able to pump out maybe an 1oz at a time.  A far cry from the four he needs.  Also, I never got engorged and didn't feel my milk come in like I did with my daughter before I got the implants.  Did getting them cause my milk to not come in fully?
I believe that it is very unlikely that your augmentation has anything to do with your ability to breast feed.  This is particularly true if the implants sit submuscular (or partially submuscular) and were inserted through an incision that did not cut through breast tissue (inframammary, transaxillary or transumbilical).
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.