Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Minimizing Scarring After Surgery

I am going to be undergoing a hystorectomy. The procedure is going to be preformed abdominally and I am concerned about scarring. I do not have the resources for laser scar removal. I would like to a purchase a product that has been successful in minimzing a large scar after surgery. Although cost is a concern, it is not my priority. I want to the appearance and size of the scar reduced as much as possible. What would be my best option?
There is some evidence that the use of silicone gel sheeting may help.  However post-op scarring is often related to proper wound closure, lack of wound tension, excellent wound healing without infection or bleeding, and individual genetics.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.